Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Why I Love Being My Own Boss

Two things - one yesterday and one today - explain why I'm so excited to have control over my writing career and why I can't wait to launch Motion To Kill as an ebook on June 15.

Yesterday, the Top Suspense Anthology hit #1 on the Kindle Bestseller List for Mystery Anthologies (out of 100 ranked anthologies). I'm fortunate to be one of the twelve authors who formed the Top Suspense Group to give readers of ebooks a reliable source for outstanding thriller, suspense, mystery, horror and western fiction. We published the anthology to share our work and let readers know where to find us. The entire project - from idea to publication took about 3 months. THIS NEVER COULD HAVE HAPPENED WITH A TRADITIONAL PUBLISHER. Thanks to everyone who made us bestsellers!

Today, The Dead Man - Hell In Heaven goes on sale on Amazon. It's the third installment in The Dead Man series created by my good friend, Lee Goldberg and his writing partner, Bill Rabkin. Written in the tradition of Stephen King and men's action novels, it's an action-packed, sexy, horror, gore and humor fest. Best of all, Lee and Bill have signed up a stable of fantastic writers (including, I humbly note, me) to write future installments. Again, it only took a few months from inception to publication of the first book in the series, The Dead Man - Face of Evil. Like Top Suspense, it's a great opportunity to do something different with people I like and respect. THIS NEVER COULD HAVE HAPPENED WITH A TRADITIONAL PUBLISHER.

These are perfect examples of why this is such an exciting time to be a writer. And, best of all, readers agree and are making these books bestsellers. We'll keep writing as long as you keep reading. You can't beat that deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment