Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Welcome to What’s Shaking – a blog about what’s going on. I chose the name because there’s a whole lot of shaking going on these days – some I write about, some I live with and some I watch and wonder “what the hell we’re they thinking?”

Ebooks have shaken and stirred the publishing world like nothing since the Gutenberg press. There’s never been a more exciting time to be a writer or a time when writers have had more opportunities and control over their careers. I’ll keep you posted on the latest developments.

I wrote my first book, Motion To Kill in 1992, introducing Lou Mason, and became a ten-year overnight success when Kensington published it in 2002 as a Pinnacle paperback. Nearly ten years later, I’m riding that high again with the release of the ebook version only this time, I’m driving the bus and you can’t beat the feeling! Well, actually I can and will when I release the ebook versions of the next three books in the Lou Mason series, The Last Witness, Cold Truth and Deadlocked in the coming months. And I’ll do it again later this year when I release my next novel, Stone Cold, featuring Public Defender Alex Stone who demands justice with a vengeance. Check in regularly to find out what’s happening in my writer’s world.

Like I said, some of the shaking is personal. I have a movement disorder called tics, which is similar to Tourette’s syndrome. It’s not life threatening or life shortening but it is life annoying, making me shake, rattle and roll. I never ask “why me?” Instead, I ask myself each day, what now? How am I going to make sure I get the most out of life and not let this neurological glitch define me? So come along for the ride and see where it goes.

The world can be a crazy, upside down, exasperating, exhilarating place. I’ll give you my take on the stuff that makes me shake, smile or just scratch my head.


Stick around and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment