Thursday, June 9, 2011

DID YOU KNOW?

It's no secret that we live in a time of tremendous change, challenge and innovation. I remember sitting on the floor in my parents' bedroom eating dinner beneath the window air-conditioner to keep cool. I remember celebrating when we got central air and a color TV. I remember the Bomar Brain calculator my folks bought me. If you want to see one now, you'll have to go to the Smithsonian. And, I remember how cool I thought it was when correction tape took the place of Whiteout, making life with my IBM Selectric so much easier.

I could go on and on, adding that I also remember when I was skinnier, faster and could stay up past 10:30 p.m., but you get the point. When thinking about the past and the future, we can't help but think about it from our own perspective.

But nothing frames the past and future like the growth of information technology. Karl Fisch, Scott McLeod and Jeff Brenman created the DID YOU KNOW video, telling that story in breathtaking fashion. Take five minutes and watch it. Produced in 2009, it may be out of date by now but only in a good way. Every trend they identify has probably accelerated.

Bottom line - life's a wild ride and it's getting wilder every day. Enjoy the experience! I know I am!


No comments:

Post a Comment